SA Home Solar Battery Scheme
Simply fill in the form below and our team will be in contact.
The scheme gives South Australian households access to $100 million in state government subsidies to pay for the installation of home battery systems. In addition, the Clean Energy Finance corporation is also providing $100 million in loans to assist with the financing of a new or additional system.
The scheme is available to all South Australians, however, it encourages low-income households to access the scheme with higher subsidy levels. Subsidy levels by the household are:
- Energy concession holder is entitled to $250 per kilowatt-hour (kWh)
- All other households are entitled to $150 per kilowatt-hour (kWh)
While the subsidy will vary depending on the size of the battery purchased, it will be capped at a maximum of $2000.
Minimum requirements for systems to be able to be used within the scheme include:
- Meet the minimum requirements to be certified as a safe battery system
- Able to operate as a part of a virtual power plant
- Be installed by an approved system provider
To find out more about the scheme visit the South Australian government Home Battery Scheme page.